Diploma in Clinical Medicine and Surgery will equip the students with the knowledge, skills and attitude to harness and implement clinical skills, conduct research and be able to advance academically in order to provide and improve the health delivery from the rural health facilities all the way to the National level.
Clinical officers have continued to play a vital role as clinicians and managers not only at the level of rural health facilities but also in the running of District, Provincial and National hospitals. They are among the first clinicians to come into contact with the patients and clients. With the expanding health care programs and facilities there continues to be a need to increase the number of health workers to provide preventive, curative and rehabilitative health services as the clinical officers are at the front line.
- KCSE with mean grade C (plain) in mandatory subjects; English/ Kiswahili, Biology or Biological sciences and Chemistry. Additional subjects: C-(minus) in Physics or mathematics.
- KCSE with mean grade C (plain) in mandatory subjects; English/ Kiswahili, Biology or Biological sciences and Physical sciences. Additional subjects: C-(minus) in Mathematics.
- KCE Div.1 or II with at least six (6) credit passes in English, Biology, Physical Science, Chemistry or Physics.
- Introduction to clinical medicine
- Reproductive Health
- Mental Health
- Lung And Skin Diseases
- Ear, Nose and Throat
- Ophthalmology and Cataract Surgery
- Ophthalmology and Low Vision
After obtaining your diploma, you can work in any areas listed below
- Anesthesia – one can work in Theatre and can anaesthetize any surgical case.
- Ophthalmology – one can work in Ophthalmology unit as a general ophthalmology practitioner, Low vision specialist or Cataract Surgeon.
- Ear, Nose and Throat( ENT) – one can work in the ENT unit
- Reproductive Health – one can work in Obstetrics and Gynecology unit and can manage issues of Infertility in both male and Female.
- Skin and Lung – one can work in Chest Clinic and dermatology units and can manage chest and skin conditions.
- Pediatrics – one can work in pediatric unit and can manage any pathology in children.
Diploma in Clinical Medicine, Surgery and Community HealthENROLL NOW